The Velika Planina Alpine Pasture Plateau
From 59,00 € per person*
*For 6 or more participants. For smaller groups, contact us or fill out the reservation form.
In the middle of the Alps rising above Kamnik, a beautiful and vast plateau with one of the largest shepherds’ settlements in Europe invites you to discover the fascinating lifestyle of alpine cow herders and refresh yourself with dairy delicacies they prepare for you. Another attraction is the view itself, which stretches from the highest peaks of the Kamnik-Savinja Alps all the way to Ljubljana.
- Minimum number of participants: 2
- Estimated start: 8:00 a.m.
- Duration: from 8 to 9 hours
- Pick-up location: by agreement
- Gondola and chair lift ride.
- A walk in the shepherd's village.
- Getting to know alpine pastoral life.
- A visit of an old shepherd's hut.
- Hike to Mala Planina.
- Traditional shepherd's lunch.
- Tour of the local church and the Pleskar Museum.
The trip includes
- All entrance fees.
- Traditional alpine lunch.
- Basic accident insurance.
- Transport by cable car and chair lift to Velika Planina.
- Guided tour and organization.
- Transportation with a comfortable tourist vehicle (coach).